The ability to engage and entertain your companions always stands you in good stead—but many people feel nervous with strangers or fear that they lack the skills to put others at ease. Fortunately, Her Ladyship is on hand to help you become a conversationalist par excellence! Embracing all sorts of situations from formal parties and business receptions to chance encounters and dating, this charming guide covers common errors of conversational etiquette and offers countless suggestions on how to keep the banter flowing so you become the most valued of guests. Her Ladyship teaches you how to make yourself interesting, handle generational differences, deal with bores, and much more.
Guidance offers the essentials of good conversation in any social situation, including:
- How to avoid awkward silences
- What to say (and not say) at formal occasions
- The differences between online and real-life interactions
- Graceful ways to end a boring conversation
- How to be entertaining without oversharing